Sunday, June 21, 2015

MY NEW DIRECTION

Whilst in NZ Kate introduced me to the art of making models using the Gypsona Plaster of Paris over some sort of structure, wire, squished paper, foil and tape of some sort, the. Working in the same manner as happens with papier mâché. I've been getting myself into my work corner, in the cold laundry, whenever I can find a few moments. Really good fun until suddenly I'm coooold! Not having realised earlier as I was so absorbed in what I was doing.


This is for my artist friend and no, this isn't a model of her as she is in real life!


The paintbrush is made from a match and a snippet of our golden retriever's hair, he had very kindly offered to help in any way he could!


This is the beginning of a blue wren for one of my June birthday friends.


And a long legged something?! 


It is very exciting to find this new direction, to have ideas flowing in and through my mind after having felt stuck for so long.

2 comments:

  1. These are charming! Lovely that you got inspiration from your daughter! X

    ReplyDelete