Sunday, April 26, 2015

SOME BITS AND PIECES, INCLUDING A TADAH MOMENT!


     
About three years ago I bought a camellia and planted it is a shady spot where I thought I might have a hope of it growing. Camellias seem to do well in our hot/cold area if they get a good start but I hadn't had any luck with them...until this one survived...but then we left it behind when we moved. And today I've just realised that the camellia I've been ocasionally picking is the same as the one I left behind. One of those happy little coincidences that has happened since we came here.


An at last finished jumper! For the 4 year old J. I was worried that it wouldn't fit him after 18 months of knitting, in very much fits and starts. Lastnight I finished sewing ll those ends from all those stripes and breathed a huge sigh of relief! I have been doing other projects in between knits and now can get going in earnest with my already begun ripple rug....


It is probably not a good idea to look too closely at the ripples, they aren't altogether in alignment but I'm hoping to be an 'expert' by the end!??!


I'm using wool I have in my stash, the brown is not a favourite of mine, nor is the blue but with the other favourites I think they work. And sadly the lime green isn't being produced any more so will have to find something similar. So....hopefully it won't take me two years to finish!
Hope you're all having a happy weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I just love it Mum - what a beautiful blanket and the colours are gorgeous. Can't wait to see a photo of the jumper being worn and sooo funny about the camellia! Love you, love me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ripply blanket. Fabulously colourful and funky. Will evoke smiles when done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ripply blanket. Fabulously colourful and funky. Will evoke smiles when done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camellia is such a gorgeous colour and how delightful to recognise it as the same one you left behind. Finishing a project is so satisfying and I'm sure the wearer of the jumper will be very happy. I've yet to try making a ripple blanket but it's on my to do list. I hope you find a similar lime green colour yarn.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Camellia plant. I wonder how it would do here in the eastern part of Pennsylvania. Do you get a lot of snow there? Love the sweater (jumper). Wish I could knit well...but I have mastered the ripple or chevron stitch. Just finished a granny ripple poncho for my daughter, a ripple blanket before that. I have a LOT of practice doing the ripple and it's definitely time to move on, lol. So nice to read your colorful blog this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My camellia had not flowered this year, though I see lots on other local gardens, I wonder what I have done wrong?? Jumper and blanket both lovely X

    ReplyDelete