Sunday, September 21, 2014

OUR SUNDAY

E has had a birthday today and we have had family here to celebrate at lunchtime. The lovely thing about grandchildren and birthdays is how they make it such fun for the rest of us. Cards drawn, words written that touch the heart.





And the 3 1/2 yr old had to join in, note the writing!! Not the best photos here but you get the picture!






I love love love the effort the kids put in! 
Now you all know that Pa is bald and has a beard, wears boots, is 69 and is much loved by all his grandchildren. Just wish they all could have been here! 
 Kate asked me tonight which book I was reading from my lovely  pile....


The book is set in Northern Australia, going between past and present, a mystery involving two families and I'm really enjoying it. I don't normally enjoy reading outback type books but this one has something  that has me interested. Stayed in bed rather too long this morning as I didn't want to put the book down. Now we have our fire going, the room is nice and cosy and dinner is heat-ups! Bliss!

3 comments:

  1. Family birthdays are such a great chance to say 'thank you for being you' as well as 'happy birthday' aren't they? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pa would LOVE those cards - they are so special!

    ReplyDelete