Thursday, July 29, 2010

AT LAST! MY NEW CUSHION IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



At last my cushion is finished, I feel like doing a drum roll and turning hand springs to announce my newly completed crochet cushion!
You might remember this.......


and ......

And NOW.........



I backed the crochet onto a type of micro[macro?] suede,  and at the back just folded over the edges as in a pillow slip, then made the ties. Spotlight suggested a needle for sewing leather...I would never have thought of that... it made the sewing so much easier. The colour hasn't photographed well, it is a much darker and more red, suits the wools really well.
I feel like keeping it but no, it has a special home to go to so I must be brave and will deliver it to it's new beach-side home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment