Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Guess what I did!

Can you imagine a scene like this? I had stayed in Melbourne on Monday night, came home yesterday having had a very busy day, go to sit down after dinner to relax.... then where is it? WHERE IS MY KNITTING, CROCHETING BAG??? NOOOOOO!! Yes, you have guessed it, it is NOT in the car, NOT in my overnight bag and yes, IT IS IN MELBOURNE with daughter No1!!
Thank goodness for extra projects, extra wool so after some feeling of sorry for myself, I dug around and found something to do!

There are my granny squares, but my favourite hook with the fat handle is in Melbourne. Oh, well, I have another old one so that will have to do until I go to Melbourne in a couple of weeks.


Then there is my knitting, a little beanie for Sarah's new baby, maybe Anouk, in Brisbane and the cardigan I have begun for myself, the wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills which arrived last week. I am half way through the back and may have to get more needles, at least the pattern is here.

So all is not lost, I will survive!

A little corner in my garden!
I have another disappointment to tell you but will save that for my Creative Space tomorrow! This is enough for today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi just found your blog via Greedy for colour.Love your granny squares !!
    I know what you mean about being separated from your projects. I feel a mild panic if I can't find my only 4mm hook.Must get a spare.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should just go down to Melbourne now and get it all back. At least you have other projects to keep going with but still!!! I love the squares, the colours are divine. Love Kate xxooxxooxx.

    ReplyDelete